This Christmas, 2014, in Malaga there are many activities for the enjoyment of the whole family.
Many people come to Malaga to spend the Christmas holiday with the family… well let me tell you you’ve come to the right place, because this year the city of Málaga is ready to keep the kids very entertained (and the parents with a little less of a headache)!
Here is a summary of some of the things that you can enjoy with your family during this season:
Calle Larios Christmas lights
A spectacular Christmas lights display. Do not miss it!
Attractions in shopping malls:
If you want to combine Christmas shopping with a little fun, Malaga malls offer many activities in its facilities, most of which are free. Clowns, face painting, balloon twisting workshops (figurines with balloons), a meet, greet and picture with Santa, mini theatres to name a few. Some of the malls with these activities are Larios Centro, Málaga Plaza, Bahía Málaga, Miramar (Fuengirola), Rincon de la Victoria and El Corte Ingles. At the headquarters of the latter (Avenida Andalucía) you can also find a small fair with food, carousel, giant slides and ice rink.
The good thing about theatre is that it can be enjoyed by the whole family. Besides, theatres have special programs for kids during these seasons. Some of the works include:
– The Three Little Pigs – Alameda Theatre
– The vain little mouse – Alameda Theatre
– Pinocchio – Teatro Cervantes
– Hansel and Gretel – Teatro Cervantes
– Cinderella – The Garage Cabaret
– Musical Nutcracker – Teatro Cervantes
– Musical Swan Lake – Cervantes Theatre
Night visit to the Alcazaba
If the Alcazaba is magnificent during the day just imagine what it’s like in the evenings! The Alcazaba is offering “An Alcazaba full of mysteries” and the monument is open most nights over 14 nights between December 15 and January 9 visits.
Workshops in museums
The museums of Málaga offer educational workshops for children during these dates. So if you love art and want to introduce your toddler to the art scene this is a great option. Here are some examples:
– Museo Picasso Málaga: Workshops for children 4-15 years on 22nd and 23rd or 29th and December 30th. The activities will take place from 10.00 to 14.00. The enrolment fee is 15 euros (one morning) or 30 (full workshop) per participant.
– CAC Málaga: Workshops for children ages 5 and 11, 23rd, 26th and 30th December and 2nd January. The activities will take place from 10.30 to 12.00 and from 12.00 to 13.30. Registration can be done on the phone 952 120 055 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Picasso (Casa Natal) Foundation: Sensory Workshop for babies, on 26th and 27th December from 11.30 to 12.30. Must register by sending an email to email@example.com.
– Museo Carmen Thyssen: Workshops for children ages 5 to 12, 23rd and 24th or 30th and 31st December. The activities will take place from 11.00 to 14.00. More information www.carmenthyssenmalaga.org
The bullring at La Malagueta has a Christmas theme with three shows in a heated tent. There will be a magic show by Magician Luigi (19th and 20th), and theatre (days 21st, 27th and 28th). The entry for a day costs 7.50 euros, and if you want to go to all 5 you can get a ticket for 17.50 euros.
Christmas in Muelle Uno
A walk around Muelle Uno offers a host of activities for the whole family. There is a Christmas market called “Ropopompón” which will be open from 12.00 to 22.00 hours and on Saturdays and Sundays from 10.00 to 22.00. Moreover Santa Claus will be there from 17.00 to 20.00 in a beautiful cottage overlooking the sea. There will also be storytelling and micro theatre throughout the day.