There is nothing like a good coffee to start the day
There are so many cafes to choose from in Malaga, you can find one on almost every corner; however, we have prepared a list of our personal recommendations of the 8 best cafes in Malaga.
Don?t forget that there is a particular way to order your coffee in Malaga; un nube, un sombra, un mitad?. doble, corto.
– Caf? Central: How could we not mention Central Caf?? Central Caf? is an icon of Malaga, it is one of the oldest cafes in the city and the creator of the unique names given to the various coffees in Malaga. Both in the cafe itself and in the menu, you will see the original coffee guide with pictures. The caf? is located in the Plaza de la Constituci?n, with a fabulous terrace to enjoy your drink in the sun. By night, it is also transformed into a restaurant, so you can have lunch or dinner there too.
Address: Plaza de la Constituci?n 11 29015 M?laga.
– Casa Aranda: Is best known for its famous “churros with chocolate” typical in Spain, which has been served here for more than 75 years (their first cafe was opened in Madrid). This cafe, located in a small alley in the historic center, is full from morning to evening. If you’re not a fan of churros with chocolate don?t worry, you also have the typical breakfast choices. They have recently opened another cafe in the center of M?laga, so there’s now room for everyone!
Address: Herrer?a del Rey, 3, 29005 M?laga / Calle Santos, 29005 M?laga.
– La Teteria: Located right next to the cathedral, in a cosy alley where you can just see the top of the cathedral tower. This caf? is situated perfectly so that you can sit outside and enjoy the lovely weather. Their cakes are simply delicious (and huge) and have a wide array of Moroccan style teas.
Address: Calle San Agustin, 9, 29015 Malaga.
– El Ultimo Mono: This “cool, European style” caf? has revolutionized Malaga and is a meeting point for many young people. They offer fresh juices and organic coffees, which you can enjoy in a unique atmosphere, surrounded by contemporary art or “street art” and different types of furniture.
Address: Calle Sanchez Pastor, 2 / Calle Santa Mar?a, 9 29015 M?laga.
– Caf? con Libros: Located in Plaza de La Merced in a spacious terrace, this cafe is one of those charming little places not to be missed while exploring the city. As its name implies, there are books in every nook and cranny for?anyone to grab and read. It is a beautiful bohemian place. In addition to their drink menu, the desserts and sandwiches are renowned.
Address: Plaza de la Merced, 19, 29012 M?laga.
– Dulce Dreams: This little cafe is located on the ground floor of a Boutique Hostel. The homemade cakes are just wonderful?especially the Cheese cake and Carrot cake. The d?cor and ambiance is of complete tranquillity; with its white walls and cosy furnishings. It is a great place to sit and read or work on your laptop, with coffee or tea.
Address: Plaza de los M?rtires Ciriaco y Paula, 6, 29008 M?laga.
– Recyclo Caf?: We mentioned this cafe on several posts, and it is because we love it! Not only for its cafe, but they offer natural fruit and vegetable juices that are 100% healthy. They also serve food at very good prices all through the day.
Address: Calle Marqu?s Villafiel, 4, 29005 Malaga.
– Julia Bakery: This quirky little place is perfect for lovers of all things organic. They have a selection of homemade breads, cakes and jams that will make you want to try them all. This is the kind of place that makes you feel like you are at home.
Address: Calle Carreter?a, 44, 29008 M?laga.